It's really late at night and we're just finishing up packing (totally procrastinating but that's okay!) and it's crazy for me to realize that in less than twelve hours I'll be getting on a plane to go to Zurich, Switzerland for a grand old time. I'm so excited I can hardly believe it.
So I'm taking a page from the New Orleans trip and starting a blog to talk about all the super cool things we get up to whilst traversing the continent; that way you won't have to wait for me to get back to tell you all about it.
(Mostly I'm just excited and I like excuses to blog but that's another story.)
Tomorrow we're getting up relatively early for a summer day, so we can go to Logan Airport and go through security and get on the plane. With the expensive airport food. My nook is all stocked up with books to read, it's charging right now. I have my camera, my phone (even though it's not going to work....it's really bad that I still want to have it with me anyway, isn't it?), my iPod. I have notebooks and pens, more than I will need. Just because I always overpack.
I'm not totally thrilled about having to sit in an airplane for as long as we're going to...but Hannah is bringing magnetic chess so at least I know I'll have something to do if I get bored of books, writing, and sudoku. But I doubt I'll have time for any of that once we get there.
I'm starting a collection of people I need to send post cards to. Hopefully I remember everyone.
Switzerland, here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment